Low carb beef stir fry
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium green bell pepper cut into strips
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum add more if needed (optional thickener)
- 15 ounces baby corn optional
- note I added broccoli 🥦 as well.
Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
Add the beef strips and garlic; cook until the beef is browned. Once done, season to taste with salt and pepper, and remove from skillet.
Adde additional oil to the skillet if needed. Cook pepper and onion in skillet until they are tender.
Add the broth, soy sauce, mushrooms, and optional xanthan gum and baby corn (if using).
Cook and stir until mushrooms are softened.
Stir in the beef and continue cooking until heated throughout.